Ø Registered Architect in Rome since 1971
Ø Professor of Architectural Design at Politecnico di Milano University, Italy.
Ø Honorary Professor of Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology, China
Ø Professor of Cities Identity Design at Shanghai University, China
Ø Director of Generative Design Lab, DiAP, Politecnico di Milano University
Ø Chairman of Generative Art annual international conference. (since 1998)
Ø Coordinator of “Euro-China Exchange: technology and Culture of Generative Approach”, program financed by European Commission. (2002-2005)
(Office at Politecnico di Milano University)
20122 Milano (Italy), Via Golgi 39, Building N.34.
http://www.generativeart.com (the site of the annual international conference Generative Art)
http://www.generativedesign.com (the site of Generative Design Lab)
http://www.celestinosoddu.com (the personal website)
Tel (39).2.2399.5418 / 5483 ; Fax (39).2.2399.5454; Segretary (39) 2 2399 5455
00186 Roma (Italy), Via del Governo Vecchio 91, Tel (39).06.6879587
22020 Pigra (Como, Italy), via Mazzini 10
09038 Serramanna (Cagliari, Italy), via Eleonora d’Arborea 1-5
Mobile Italy (+39) 335.6099787
Celestino Soddu was born in S. Maurizio di Brunate, Como (Italy) in 1945.
He obtained his University Master Degree at Rome University “La Sapienza” in 1970.
In the same year he passed the State Examination for Professional Architects and Engineering Register.
He is registered architect since 1971. His activity is in the fields of architecture, town design and architectural object design.
His offices are in Pigra (Como), in Serramanna (Cagliari) and in Rome and his professional activity was established in 1971.
He made architecture and town design projects realized in Italy (1972-2007) and Somalia (in 1984-1989). In the last years, he made visionary architecture projects for Chicago, New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Rome, Tel Aviv, Milan, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing,Tianjin, Delhi.
He teaches in Italian Universities since 1971.
He is professor of Architectural Design at Politecnico di Milano University, Faculty of Engineering-Architecture, Italy. His actual teaching is “Generative Architectural Design” at the 5th year (Master degree). He teached also “Design Studio Lab” at the Master in Building Engineering (EnglishlLanguage teaching).
In 1997 he founded and, at present, he is the director of the Generative Design Lab at the Department of Architecture and Planning of the Milan Polytechnic University. The topic of this Lab is approaching the most advanced possibilities in the topic of architectural design and of town identity design.
In 2002 he had funds from European Community for establishing mutual cultural and business relations between Europe and China and for enlarging the activity of his Generative Design Lab with other Generative Design Labs in Europe (Kassel and Eindhoven) and in China (Shanghai and Tianjin). The exchange activities in China involve, at present, universities and research centers of Xi’an, Beijing, Tianjin, Shanghai, Changsha, Hong Kong and Macau.
Beginning from 1979, his research is about the dynamic evolution of the artificial systems complexity and image, designing sequences of original software to emulate and control architectural, environmental and industrial design processes and to improve the manufacturing industrial processes.
The last versions of these original software programs are used for Architecture Design professional and research activities.
In 1984 and 1985 he made his first series of lectures in USA and Canada for presenting the possibility of computers in Architectural design (Waterloo University. Concordia University. in Montreal, Penn State University.) and, as expert of the Italian Foreign Office, he worked in Somalia teaching and designing architectures.
In 1986 he designed the first original software to control the dynamic evolution of the genius loci of artificial environments and to create Generative Identity Codes for fitting recognizability and environment harmony.
Beginning from 1992 his researches was about the design of species, the design of the morph genetic codes of architecture and artificial industrial objects and about the management and the innovation of the manufacturing processes.
Every his architectural project, realized like AI/AL generative software, can generate a sequence of different architectures/environments characterized by the same genius loci. With this tool it is possible to evaluate the quality of the incoming architectural events during the increasing complexity of design processes. He used this generative software in designing the evolution of some town environments in front of the need to preserve the identity of particular genius loci.
He designed original software also in the field of representation, (his patent of 360 degree anamorphic technical representation is used in advanced installations) and in the field of 3D creative interpretation of 2D artwork.
In Industrial design, his generative projects are useful devices to manage and control the quality and the complexity of the new industrial products. These projects are able to generate and endless sequence of different 3dmodels of industrial objects, all unique and unrepeatable, but all belonging to the same design concept and to the same functional requests. It is the industrial production of different and unrepeatable objects enhancing the brand recognizability.
He has his Internet site beginning from 1995 (www.generativedesign.com and www.soddu.it ) where it is possible to find his researches and the works of his students. Each student of his courses and of the final degree master thesis update his work weekly using a personal home page in the site. Now in this Internet site it is possible to look at one thousand of home pages of students (Italian and foreign students of his workshops) and one hundred of theses for the final master degree in Politecnico di Milano University made with his supervision.
1991-2000. He presented his design researches and projects in International Conferences and in workshops in Italy and also in other countries: Oxford, (UK) 1991, Lausanne (Swiss) 1991, Stockholm (Sweden) 1992, Montreal (Canada) 1992, Zurich (Swiss) 1993, Singapore 1993, Neuchatel (Swiss) 1993, Wien (Austria) 1993, Istanbul (Turkey) 1994, Freiburg (Germany) 1995, Sheffield (UK) 1995, Helsinki (Fin) 1997, Stockholm (Sweden) 1997, Lancaster (UK) 1998, Edinburgh (UK) 1999, Brussels (Belgium) 1999, Kassel (Germany) 2000, Weimar (Germany) 2000, Schwabish Gmuend (Germany) 2000 , Las Vegas (US) 2000, Portland (US) 2000, Seattle (US) 2000.
Beginning in 1998 he is the chair and organizes, with his Generative Design Lab, the annual International Generative Art Conference (from GA’98 since GA2007, the 10th GA event) at the Milan Polytechnic University with the participation of researchers from UK, Germany, Finland, USA, Israel, Canada, France, Romania, Belgium, Sweden, Netherlands, Japan, Hong Kong, New Zeeland, Australia, Spain, Sweden, Brazil, Peru’, India, Indonesia, Slovenia, Malaysia, China, Taiwan, Latvia, Romania, Switzerland, Poland, Portugal, Lebanon, Corea, Thailand, Mexico, Peru’, and Italy. The GA conference has its website: http://www.generativeart.com
In 2001, as Professorial Research Fellow at Hong Kong Polytechnic University, he improved his generative software to realize, as direct output, an endless sequence of unique and unrepeatable physical objects made by rapid prototyping devices.
In 2001 he made lectures in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, San Francisco, Santa Fe, Virginia Tech. State University, New York, Boston, Kassel, Ivrea, Rome, Schwebish Gmuend, Copenhagen and Milan.
In 2001 he presented his last works in a sequence of exhibitions in Rome, Milan, Germany.
In February-March 2002 he presented his generative projects and artworks in the exhibition “Generative Art, Visionary Variations by Celestino Soddu”, at Hong Kong Museum, Visual Art Centre and, in May 2002, at MF Gallery, Los Angeles, US, giving lectures to the local Universities.
In February-April 2003 he presented his generative projects in exhibitions at IDB Cultural Center, Washington DC, at Pacific Design Center, Westweek 2003, Los Angeles, at Pontificia Universitad Catolica del Peru’, Lima.
In March 2004 he presented his architecture projects in Rome, at 1st Faculty of Architecture of University of Rome La Sapienza, in April 2004 at the Italian Embassy in Beijing, in June 2004 he presented his architecture projects of Milan at the International Finance Center of Hong Kong.and, in May 2005 at the Commerce Chambre in Milan.
Some lectures and communication activities:
"Generative Design", lecture at School of
Design of Hong Kong Polytechnic University
29 January 28 March, Professorial Research Fellow at Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- "Architectural Generative Design", lecture at School of Architecture of the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- "From Forming to Transforming: the architecture design approach", lecture at School of Architecture of Tongji University, Shanghai, China
- "Generative Architectural Design and Advanced Technologies", lecture at China Building Technology Development Center, Beijing, China
- "Generative approach in Architecture and Industrial Design", lecture at Tsing Hua University, Department of Architecture, Beijing, China
- "Generative Design, Generative Games", talk at Sony SCEA R&D, San Francisco
- "Generative Art and Dynamic Systems", talk at Art & Science Lab, Santa Fe', US
- "Generative Art and Design", lecture at Virginia Tech, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, US
- "Generative Art", lecture at Art Institute of Chicago, US
- "Generative Art", Lecture at New York University, New York, US
- "Generative Art, from forming to transforming", lecture at Volen Center, Brandeis University, Boston, US
- "Generative Design approach", talk at CDI, Harvard University, Boston, US
- "Generative Design", lecture at Kassel University, Germany
- “Generative Design”, lecture at Interactive Design Institute, Ivrea, Italy
- “Generative Design”, lecture and exhibition at School of Design of Shawbish Gmuend, Germany
- “Generative Design”, lecture at MOM, Copenhagen
- “Generative Art”, lecture and exhibition at Massenzio Arte, Roma
- “Generative Natural Flux”, opening lecture at Generative Art Conference, Milano
- Chair of the international annual conference GA2001 at Politecnico di Milano University.
- “Generative Art, Visionary variations”, Lecture and exhibition at Lecture Theatre, Visual Art Centre, Hong Kong
- “Generative Architecture”, Lecture and exhibition at Lecture Theatre, Visual Art Centre, Hong Kong
- “Generative Design and Intelligent Production”, Lecture and exhibition at Lecture Theatre, Visual Art Centre, Hong Kong
- “Generative Architectural Design”, lecture at School of Architecture of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- workshop with students of the Chinese University of Hong Kong at Visual Art Centre, HK.
- “Generative Architectural Design”, lecture at the Faculty of Architecture, University of Neaples
- Generative Art and Architectural Design”, lecture to the students and professors of LAIAD, Los Angeles Institute of Architecture and Design, at his exhibition at MF Gallery, Los Angeles.
- “Philosophy of Generative Design in Europe-China exchange” in the conference “Progetti di cooperazione scientifica e tecnologica tra Italia e Cina”, Milan Polytechnic University.
- “Genesis of Unicum and New Naturality”, invited lecture in the international conference: The genesis of forms in the sciences and the arts. Urbino, Italy
- “Generative Art, preludi, Natural Mirrors”, Isea2002, Nagoya, Japan
- “Designing and managing the Urban Identity with Generative Approach in Architecture and Town Design”, invited speaker in Macau Cultural Centre.
- “Clarity, Complexity, Harmony and Safety: Generative Identity’s codes build livable cities”, invited speaker at Cities Asia Summit 2002, Singapore
- “Ideal Cities”, opening lecture at 5th Generative Art Conference, Milano
- “Generative Design”, workshop at International Nonlinear Sciences Conference, Vienna
- Chair of the international annual conference GA2002 at Politecnico di Milano University.
- “Generative Art, visionary variations of Washington DC”, lecture to present the exhibition at IDB Cultural Center, Washington DC
- “Generative Design”, lecture at Alexandria Architecture Center, Alexandria Va.
- “Generative Design approach”, lecture at School of Architecture, Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana
- “Generative Design”, lecture at School of Design, UCLA, Los Angeles Ca.
- “Morphogenetic Visionary Architecture”, lecture at Pacific Design Center, Los Angeles, Ca, during the West Week.
- The Politecnico di Milano University, center of Cultural Activities and Scientific movies, realizes the movie “Talents of Politecnico di Milano: Celestino Soddu”
- Presentation in Macau of the project of the Master IDEAS, Identity and Dynamic Evolutions of Artificial Systems, Master at PhD level by Politecnico di Milano University and Macau University, directed by Celestino Soddu.
- Coordinator of the Asia-link workshop in Shanghai, Tongji University.
- lecture at Tongji University, Shanghai
- Coordinator of the Asia-link workshop in Tianjin University, China
- Lecture at Tsing Hua University, Beijing
- Invited lecture to the conference “technoloty and Forms of Art and Science”, University of Salerno.
- Lecture at University of Trento and High School Apeiron
- Lecture at the University of Tel Aviv.
- Coordinator of international seminar Asia-link with the participation of all the Generative Design labs belonging to the network (Milan, Kassel, Eindhoven, Shanghai, Tianjing).
- Chair of the international annual conference GA2003 at Politecnico di Milano University.
- ” Visionary Variations and generative Approach”, lecture at the Gallery of the 1st Faculty of Architecture of Rome University La Sapienza, for presentino his exhibition of architecture projects “Visionary Variations”
- 3 April 2004, presentation of Visionary Variations at the workshop “Simulation, Cognition and VR: a new configuration in the study of complex artificial environments”, Venezia, 2-4 Apr 2004.
- lecture at Xi’an University, China. In the same occasion he received the title of honorary professor of Xi’an University of Architecture and Technology.
- he organizes and is the chair of the seminar “Identity&Design” at the Italian Embassy in Beijing. In this occasion he presented his architecture project in a personal exhibition at the Italian Cultural Institute.
- Lecture at the School of Design of Hunan University, Changsha
- Lecture at Shanghai University, Shanghai.
- “Visionary Variations of Milan”, personal exhibition of his architecture project for Milan at IFC International Finance center of Hong Kong.
- he organizes and is the chair of the seminar “De Identitate” at CRUI in Rome.
- he organizes the workshop on European and Chinese cultural identità in Rome, as coordinator of the European program “Euro-China exchange”
- lecture “Arte Generativa e Variazioni Visionarie” for the “Notte Bianca di Roma”.
- Wuxi (Shanghai), talk about generative design at the Design Week.
- he get the professorship at Shanghai University.
- lecture “Genetic algorithms in design” at the School of Engineering of the University of Campinas, Sao Paulo.
- lecture “Generative Creative Processes” at the auditorium of the Art Institute of Campinas, Sao Paulo.
- Key Speech “"Argenìa, Artificial DNA and Visionary Variations", for SIGRADI, VII congreso igeroamericano de grafica digital, Unisisos, Sao Leopoldo, Porto Alegre.
- Chair of the VII Generative Art International Conference, GA 2004 in Milano.
- His personal exhibition “Milan Visionary variations” start up at Commerce Chambre of Milano. The catalog is printed by Gangemi Publisher in Europe and US.
- invited speaker at “Mathematics, Art and Cultural Industries”, International conference at Calabria University, Cetraro, CS
- Invited lecturer at Technical University of Eindhoven, Faculty of Architecture, The Netherlands.
- invited key note speaker at “Art+Math=X”, University of Colorado, Boulder.
- invited speaker at “Precedents and Identity”, Technical University of Delft, School of Architecture, The Netherlands.
- Chair of the VIII Generative Art International Conference, GA 2005 in Milano.
- He was invited in Delhi for presenting his Asia-link program.
- Lectuire at Shanghai University
- Chair of the IX Generative Art International Conference, GA 2006 in Milano.
- invited as key note speaker in Daugavpils University, Latvia
- invited speaker at Shanghai University
- invited speaker at ChongQing University.
- Chair of the X Generative Art International Conference, GA 2007 in Milano.
"L'artificiale progettato ", (the designed artificial ware) Casa del
Libro Publisher, 1979. (book)
C.Soddu, "La patina del tempo" (the time patina) in "Recuperare" magazine n.9 1984.
C.Soddu, P.A.Rossi, "Il calice di Paolo Uccello uno e senza limite", (the goblet of Paolo Uccello, one and without limit) with a referee of C.L.Ragghianti, in "Critica d'arte" magazine n.8 1986.
C.Soddu, "L'immagine non euclidea" (the not euclidean image), Gangemi publisher, 1987. (book)
C.Soddu, "L'idea di spazio nelle rappresentazioni d'arte", (the space idea in art representation), in "Critica d'arte" magazine, n.16, gennaio/marzo 1988.
AA.VV. "L'arte contemporanea nella scuola" (the contemporary art in the school), Quaderni di Villa Falconieri, CEDE 1988. (Book in Italian and in English)
C.Soddu, "Simulazioni per immagini tridimensionali computerizzate della dinamica di evoluzione formale dell'ambiente urbano", (3D simulation of dynamic evolution of urban shape), proceedings of the conference "l'immagine nel rilievo, Sezione L'immagine Computerizzata", Roma 1989
C.Soddu, "Rappresentazione e rilievo per immagini tridimensionali computerizzate della morfogenesi storica urbana" (computer 3D representation of the morphogenesis of urban evolution), in the proceedings of the conference "il Rilievo Tra Scienza e Storia" Perugia 1989, then published in the magazine XYZ 1991.
C.Soddu, "Identita' come specie: la morfogenesi dell'immagine urbana con sequenze di modelli 3D di citta' aleatorie", (Identity as species: the morphogenetic evolution of urban image using 3D models of random cities), in the proceedings of the conference "Identita', Differenza, Fraintendimento" Palermo 1989.
C.Soddu, "Nuovi metodi di rappresentazione della configurazione urbana: la specie", in the proceedings of the conference "La rivalutazione dell'immagine storica della citta'", Acireale 1989, then published in the book "La Configurazione dell'Immagine Urbana", Gangemi publisher 1991.
C.Soddu, "Citta' Aleatorie", (random cities), Masson Publisher. 1989 (book in Italian)
C.Soddu, "Citta' Aleatorie: strumenti di rappresentazione della dinamiche dell'immagine urbana", (random cities, the representation tool of town shape dynamics), in the magazine "Territorio" n.3 1989
C.Soddu, "Citta' Aleatorie", in "Computer and Art", Exhibition 1990, Lugano Swiss, , Fondazione dalle Molle Foundation for the quality of life, George Mason University.
C.Soddu, "Il progetto di specie. Strumenti propositivi e di controllo delle potenzialita' dell'acciaio nell'architettura e nel design", (the design of species. The creative tool to increase the possibility of using steel in architecture and industrial design), in the magazine "Acciao", April 1990.
C.Soddu, "Progetto di specie", (design of species) in the magazine "Sinopie" n.4 1991.
C.Soddu, "Simulation tools for the dynamic evolution of town shape", in "Global change and local problems, Abstract book", Oxford Polytechnic 1991.
C.Soddu, "La simulazione della dinamica evolutiva della forma, dagli scenari metropolitani al design morfogenetico", (The simulation of the evolutionary dynamics shape. From urban scenarios to the morphogenetic industrial design), in the proceedings of the conference "La citta' interattiva", Milano, June 1991
C.Soddu, "Simulation tools for the learning approach to dynamic evolution of town shape, architecture and industrial design", in "Proceedings. International Conference on computer aided learning and instruction in science and engineering", published by Press Polytecniques et Universitaries Romandes. Lausanne 1991.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Il progetto ambientale di morfogenesi", (the environmental design of morphogenesis), Progetto Leonardo Publisher 1992 (book)
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Spatial and image dynamical models for controlling and planning the development of differences in an increasingly international and interdependent world", in the proceedings of the conference "Planning in a time of Change", Stockholm 1992
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "The project of morphogenesis to design the DNA or architecture", in the proceedings of "CIB'92, World Building Congress", Montreal 1992.
C.Soddu, "Il progetto ambientale attraverso i codici morfogenetici del naturale artificiale", (the environmental design using morphogenetic codes of natural/artificial systems), in the book "Poiesis, l'informatica nel progetto euristico", Citta' Studi Publisher, Milano 1993.
C.Soddu, lecture and art installation at the Gestaltung Museum of Zurich, "Morphogenetisches Design: Architekturen" in "New Realities - Neue Wirklichkeiten II ArchitekturAnimationenInstallationen" 27 Jan/4 Apr 1993, Museum fur Gestaltung Zurich.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "The morphogenetic design as an artificial intelligence system to support the management of design procedures through the total quality of the built-environment", in the proceedings of "The management of Information Technology for Construction. First International Conference" Singapore, 17/20 August 1993.
C.Soddu, "The design of morphogenesis to design the genetic code of the artificial environment", in 33rd European Congress of Regional Science Association, Moscow, August 1993.
C.Soddu, "Human machine interaction in design processes. New search software to generate the simulation of the increasing complexity of an idea about architecture, environment and industrial design". In the proceeding of the congress "Computer Science, Communications and Society: A Technical and Cultural Challenge " Neuchatel, 22/24 September. 1993.
C.Soddu, "Progetto di morfogenesi per un'architettura dei componenti. I pannelli metallici di copertura e di parete", (The morphogenetic architectural design using components), in the proceedings of the congress AIPPEG at SAIE, 22 October 1993, Bologna, published in the magazine Rassegna AIPPEG n.1 1994.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Experimental CBL original software to teach project approach and designing procedures in architecture and industrial design", in the proceedings of the International Conference of Computer Based Learning in Science", Wien 18/21 September 1993.
C.Soddu, "Il progetto di morfogenesi / Design of morphogenesis", in the magazine Demetra, n.5 December 1993. (In Italian and English)
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "La progettazione morfogenetica dell'ambiente urbano", (Morphogenetic environmental design) in "Ridisegna la Citta'" catalogue of the exhibition Casaidea 1994, Roma 1994.
C.Soddu, "Intelligenza Artificiale e progetto di architettura. Dai vecchi CAD a nuovi strumenti che incrementano la creativita' progettuale come pensiero del possibile", (AI and architectural design. From old CAD to new tools that increase the creativity as thought of possible events), in the magazine Archimedia n.4 1994
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Tre tesi di disegno industriale", (3 student's work of Industrial Design), in the magazine Area, September 1994
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "The project of morphogenesis. A way to design the evolution code of the environment", AESOP congress, Istanbul 23-26 August 1994.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Artificial Intelligence in the teaching of architectural design", in the proceedings of the conference Hypermedia in Sheffield, Sheffield 1995
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Recreating the city's identity with a morphogenetical urban design", International Conference on Making the Cities Livable, Freiburg 1995.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Artificial Intelligence and Architectural design", CAAD Futures '95, Singapore 1995.
C.Soddu, "Lavoro e Internet", (Job and Internet), conference at the Rotary Club Milano Porta Design – Design in Contexts", The European Academy of Design, Stockholm 13-15.4.1997 Vercellina, 3.2.1997, publisher in Rotary magazine.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Argenic design", paper at the International Conference "Contextual Design – Design in Contexts", The European Academy of Design, Stockholm 13-15.4.1997
C.Soddu, "Argenia, il progetto genetico dell'auto naturale" in the proceedings of the congress "Mobilita' ed evoluzione dell'ambiente del XXI secolo, Motor Show Bologna 1997. Published in the book "Mobilita' del XXI secolo", Promotor publisher, Bologna 1997
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "A Natural Approach to Industrial Design: Argenic Design", New Simplicity?, International furniture design conference, Helsinki Aug 1997.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "Pantheon", CDRom Multimedia realized for Poligrafico dello Stato publisher 1996.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, "I percorsi della mente", CDRom Multimedia for Alea Design 1996.
C.Soddu, "Internet", in the magazine AIPAI, 1997
C.Soddu, Gege' Telesforo, "100% pure live funk and generative art", TV movie, STREAM, Italian network.
C.Soddu, lecture at the Rotary Club Milano Europa about: "Arte Generativa, nuovi prodotti per l'uomo", (generative art, new products for the human beings), Circolo della Stampa di Milano, 19 Marzo 1998, published in Rotary magazine.
C.Soddu, lecture at the Demo Center, Modena, on "Argenia, la progettazione generativa per i prodotti naturale dell'uomo" (Argenia, the generative design for the incoming natural ware), 23 Aprile 1998
C.Soddu, lecture at the Accademia di Belle Arti di Brera in Milano on Generative Art and the advanced experimental realization.
C.Soddu, "Argenia, the natural approach to Architecture and Industrial Design" in the proceedings of Mecatronic workshop at the Universtity of Lancaster, 27/28 May 1998. (ISBN 1-86220-057-2).
C.Soddu, Lecture at the conference "I luoghi di Leopardi" (the sites of Leopardi), Politecnico di Milano on the topic: "La doppia visione e la scoperta progettuale" (the twin vision and the design development), 9th June1998.
C.Soddu, Lecture at the International Convenction on Mediterranean Design, Reggio Calabria 19 June 1998, about "Argenia, a new approach to identity and recognizability of industrial designer".
C.Soddu, Workshop among the Generative Design Lab, directed by C.Soddu and the Bristol Lab of HP.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, Cdrom "Leopardi a Recanati", AleaDesign publisher and the Leopardi Family.
C.Soddu, installation "La citta' naturale" (the natural city) at the exhibition HighLife at Smau 1998, with the show, in real time, of cities and argenic architecture. The exhibition has used the 360-degree anamorphic representation that is a patent by C.Soddu.
C.Soddu, "Argenia, una citta' naturale", (Argenìa, a natural city) at the conference Piazze Telematiche, with the link in videoconference with Milano, Roma, S.Marino, Frankfurt. The proceedings are published in the book "Piazze telematiche"
C.Soddu, "Recognizability of the Idea: The evolution process of Argenìa", in the proceedings of AISB99 Edinburgo 6-9 April 1999.
C.Soddu, "Argenia, the generative process", Workshop Morphogenetic Design, Institute for higher education in the sciences and in the Art. Institute for Architecture Sint-Lucas, Brussels, 10 Aprile1999.
C.Soddu, "Argenìa: codici dell'identita' artificiale", Digitalcity - International Biennale Cybercultura, Parma 25-27 March 1999.
C.Soddu, "Argenìa: arte generativa" in Polittico: new ways for the Art, SpazioTiempoNord, Milano June1999.
C.Soddu, "GENERATIVE ART", proceedings of GA'98, Editrice Dedalo Publisher, Rome 1999
C. Soddu, "Recognizability of designer imprinting in Generative artwork". Proceedings of Generative Art Conference GA'99, Milan December 1999.
C. Soddu, "New naturality: a Generative Approach to Art and Design" in Artificial Life 7 workshop proceedings, Carlo C. Maley and Etlis Boudreau Editors, Portland, Ontario, USA, 2000
C. Soddu, "Argenia, Art's Idea as Generative Code", in 2000 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference proceedings, Annie S. Wu, University of Central Florida Editor, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2000
C. Soddu, "Basilica, an Architectural Generative Virtual Office based on Italian Renaissance Code's interpretation", in Mosaic 2000 proceedings, University of Washington Editor, Seattle, 2000
C. Soddu, "From Forming to Transforming", proceedings of Generative Art Conference, Milan, Alea Design Publisher, December 2000
C. Soddu, "Argenia, naturality in Industrial Design", in proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Computer-Aided Industrial Design and Conceptual Design, CAID&CD'2000, International Academic Publisher, World Publisher Corporation, December 2000
C.Soddu, “Recognizability of the idea: the evolutionary process of Argenia” in P.Bentley & D. Corne (edited by), "Creative Evolutionary Systems", Morgan Kaufmann Publisher, San Francisco US, 2001
Duncan Graham-Rowe, Design Genes, Blueprint Magazine, August 2001
C. Soddu, "Generative Natural Flux", proceedings of Generative Art Conference, Milan, AleaDesign Publisher, December 2001
C.Soddu, “Generative Art, Visionary Variations”, Catalog of the exhibition at Visual Art Centre, Hong Kong Museum, 2002
C.Soddu, “New Naturality: a Generative approach to Art and Design”, Leonardo Magazine 35, MIT press, July 2002
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, “Generative Art, Preludi natural mirrors”, proceedings of ISEA2002, Nagoya, Japan, published by Inter Society for the Electronic Arts, Japan.
C.Soddu, “”Clarity, complexity harmony and safety: Identity’s Generative codes build liveable cities”, Proceedings of Cities Asia Summit, Singapore 5-6 Nov. 2002, PSA Pub., Singapore
C.Soddu, “La Citta’ Ideale, generative codes design identity”, Proceedings of GA2002, GDL Pub., December 2002, Milano
C.Soddu, ““Generative Art, visionary variations of Washington DC”, catalogue of the exhibition DigItalyArt, IDB Cultural Center, Washington DC, 2003.
C.Soddu, “Visionary Aesthetics and Architecture Variations”, in Proceedings of GA2003, AleaDesign Pub., Milano.
C Soddu, E.Colabella "Argenìa, a mother tongue in infinite variations", Proceedings of the First International Conference on Design Computing and Cognition, Workshop 3 "Implementation Issues in Generative Design Systems", MIT Boston, July 2004
C.Soddu, “Visionary Variations of Milano. Generative projects designing the Identity of Milano”, proceedings of the seminar De Identitate, GDLab Milano 2004
C.Soddu, “Visionary Variations of Milano. Generative Projects Designing the Identity of Milano”, for the exhibition of the Identity of Milano at the IFC mall in Hong Kong, June 2004.
C.Soddu (editor), “De Identitate” proceedings of the conference “De Identitate”, CRUI, Rome, 26-27 July 2004
C. Soddu, "Visionary Variations of Milano. Generative Projects Designing the Identity of Milano" in the "De Identitate", proceedings of the Seminar "De Identitate", Rome, 26-27 July 2004
C. Soddu, "Generative Design / Visionary Variations - Morphogenetic processes for Complex Future Identities" in the book Organic Aesthetics and generative methods in Architectural design" edited by P. Van Looke & Y. Joye in Communication&Cognition, Vol 36, Number 3/4, Ghent, Belgium 2004
C. Soddu, "Meta-Code, Identity’s Borders" in "Generative Art 2004", proceedings of the International Conference GA2004, Aleadesign Editor, December 2004
C.Soddu (interview to), "From gene to design: prof. Soddu and his Generative Design", pag. 6-13, Magazine "Designer" n. 1, 2004, Changsha, Hunan , China
C. Soddu, "Argenìa, Artificial DNA and Visionary variations", in "O sentido e o universo digital", proceedings of SIGRADI, the VII congreso igeroamericano de grafica digital, Unisisod Nov. 2004
C. Soddu, "变化多端的建筑生成设计法" (Generative Design), article in the magazine "Architect", December 2004, China
C. Soddu, “Milan, Visionary Variations”, Gangemi publisher, Rome 2005 (book)
S.Brusa, “Visioni Generative per il Futuro”, interview to C.Soddu, Digimag magazine, Milan June 2005.
C.Soddu, “Generative Art in Visionary Variations”, in Art+Math=X proceedings, University of Colorado Boulder, 2005.
C.Soddu, “Visionary Variations in Generative Architectural Design”,article in Chepos magazine n.003, TU/e, Eindhoven 2005.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, “A Univesal Mother Tongue”, Leonardo Electronic Almanac Volume 13, Number 8, August 2005
C. Soddu, “Argenia, Artificial DNA and Visionary variations”, The Journal of designing in China, summer 2005, Hong Kong
C. Soddu, “Argenia in timeless gen-codes”, proceedings of ARTMEDIA IX, dept. Philosophy, University of Salerno, 2005
C. Soddu, “Gencities and Visionary Worlds”, proceedings of 8th Generative Art Conference, Politecnico di Milano University, Milan, 2005.
C. Soddu. “Generative design, a swimmer in a natural sea frame”, proceedings of the 9th Generative Art conference, Politecnico di Milano University, Milan, 2006.
C.Soddu, E.Colabella, “Argenia” PNCM conference proceedings, Daugavpils University, Latvia, 2007
C.Soddu, “Endless interpretations, infinite in the mirror” in the GA2007 proceedings, Milan, 2007.